Whittier PTO (WPTO) is a non-profit organization run by parents/guardians and teachers of children attending Whittier Elementary School (K-4th grades). We strive to help provide a nurturing, educational, and fun environment for our children. We work as a team with the teachers and administration to make a positive impact on the educational lives of our children. We do this in a number of ways...
We provide educational resources for classrooms!
- These resources include educational magazines, mini-grants offered to each teacher to be used for their classes, free book giveaways to students as rewards, and educational and cultural assemblies to be enjoyed by the entire school.
We involve our families!
- We host a number of events for families to enjoy together. Our annual Harvest Festival invites Whittier families to enjoy a FREE evening of games, crafts, and delicious food spent among their school friends and families.
- Our Scholastic Book Fair Family night gives families an opportunity to shop for books at our book fair to help grow their home libraries. It's a fun night to spend with free giveaways and wonderful books, at the same time, helping raise money for our PTO.
- At the end of the year, we have an awesome FREE picnic to celebrate a wonderful school year and say goodbye to our Fourth Grade friends. The picnic includes inflatables, music, and bbq just in time to get us ready for the summer!
And much more!
- Besides these events, the PTO is responsible for Picture Day, the Friendship Social for 3rd & 4th grades, the school wide Sweetheart dance, the 4th Grade yearbook and special Fourth Grade send off events including a trip to Spring Lake, an ice cream yearbook signing party, and graduation.